Thursday, August 25, 2016

In Flux

I was hoping to have more information for you after meeting with the medical oncologist on Tuesday, but here's a quick update while things are still in flux: I'm so thankful that my medical oncologist was very pleased with the pathology report from my surgery. I am still working with the doctors to come up with the proper treatment plan as well as schedule a second opinion. Like I said, not much of an update, but there's what we know.

I'm also very thankful for the amount of love and support I've received. I know my text replies have been somewhat skimpy especially in the last couple of days while I've taken time to process (and honestly also been especially tired and sleeping a lot). I am leaning on this blog to keep everyone who wants to know updated. If you want to be among the first to hear these updates, please use the "Follow by Email" box to have these posts come directly to your inbox.

A few tips on where I'm at and how you can support me these days:
  • If I haven't updated here, I might not be ready to talk cancer updates just yet
  • Keep the texts coming that let me know you are thinking about me but don't require response
  • Check here 
  • Call me or email me if you wanna really catch up on how I'm doing (I'm not big on texting in general and it overwhelms me to text about this kinda stuff because, in case you haven't gathered, I'm not a short version of the story kinda gal;)
  • Keep Praying! I've updated my prayer requests on the right hand side of the blog (have to be in full web version to view this from a phone)

Love love
Alise

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alise,
    I am Cathy Sams. Married to your Uncle Jim. I am a 15 year survivor. I wanted to let you know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I could try to offer advise, however, I know at this point, you have all you need!
    I would be happy to talk anytime.
    You have the best thing going for you and that is a positive attitude, keeping your faith, and the love and support of your family and friends.
    Stay in peace through Christ who strengthens me!

    ReplyDelete