Thursday, July 28, 2016

T.M.I.

Bonjour! I made it home from France safely, and had the best time.  Thank you all for praying for my safety and my fun. Those requests were answered with a resounding YES.

This post won’t be about France, and it won’t be all about cancer either. I wanted to write a brief post to explain the name of the blog. It’s really not that deep, so it shouldn’t take long ;)

So, remember when we used to say “…and then I found five dollars” at the end of a boring or just flat out terrible story?  Heck, maybe you still say it. Well, “…so there’s that” is my version of that, but used after I’ve shared T.M.I. or something that normal people don’t openly share, and therefore, no one can think what to say to me afterward. This happens more frequently than I’d like to admit. Those of you who know me well are not surprised by this and can probably think of one or two moments where I shared too much too fast and filled the ensuing awkward silence with……… “….so there’s that” – you know what I’m talking about people.

I frequently find myself in trouble because of my loose tongue, but sharing T.M.I. has its benefits as well. I have learned over the years that while openly sharing one's mind is quite common, openly sharing feelings is not.  When sharing T.M.I in the feelings department, I have had many a “you struggle with that? So do I – I thought I was all alone” moment. Vulnerability tends to breed more vulnerability, and this is a good thing.

For this reason, and for a few years now, I’ve thought of starting a blog – a place where my true feelings could be posted. Well, add procrastination to my list of traits, as it’s taken breast cancer to finally start such a blog.  But that said, I wanted the name of the blog to be A) not too serious, and B) not all about breast cancer, so that once I’ve kicked this cancer’s butt (which I fully intend to do) I can continue sharing my “Welp, so there’s that” moments with you all.


I hope you look forward to it. I know I do.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the elucidation, and not only that but for explaining this so clearly!

    P.S. I guess you assumed all your readers knew what "TMI" stood for, but alas I was in the dark until your mother clarified. I'm now in the light, and proud to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we've shared to many "welp, so there's that..." moments together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we've shared to many "welp, so there's that..." moments together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "When sharing T.M.I in the feelings department, I have had many a “you struggle with that? So do I – I thought I was all alone” moment. Vulnerability tends to breed more vulnerability, and this is a good thing."

    Preach! So True!!

    CF

    ReplyDelete